sabato 31 luglio 2010



Mairg darab galar an grádh

(Love is a sad sickness)
Author: Isibeul ní Mhic Cailín

Here's a verse translation.

Irish

My English translation

Mairg darab galar an grádh,

Love is a sad sickness --

gibé fath fá n-abraim é

When speaking to him, whatever the cause,

is deacair sgarthain re a pháirt;

it is a hardship to separate after time together.

truagh an cás a bhfuilim féin.

Pity my own blood's case.

--

--

An grádh-soin tugas gan fhios,

This love of mine came without [my] knowledge;

ós é mo leas gan a luadh,

my benefits came over him without mention.

muna fhaghad furtacht tráth,

For us delay departure an hour,

biaidh mo bhláth go tana truagh.

if my flower would, till a time of pity.

--

--

An fear-soin dá dtugas grádh,

This man of mine -- love came, for him,

's nách féadaim a rádh ós aird,

and I cannot say from what direction;

dá gcuire sé mise i bpéin,

though buried, it's myself in pain,

go madh dó féin bhus céad mairg!

till I burn myself with a hundred sorrows!

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento